Welcome to The Bug Geek!
On this blog you’ll find posts about:
Insects! Bugs! Arthropods! Other cool creepy-crawlies!
- “Photo Friday“, featuring an insect or other arthropod I’ve recently come across during my explorations of nature; this becomes “Forgotten Photo Friday” during the cold winter months when live critters are a little more scarce!
- Beetles – especially from my research in northern Canada – are featured mid-week if my school schedule permits it
- Links to great online resources about insects
- A blogroll of other amazing bug/nature bloggers – there’s something for everybody!
- Being a PhD student
- My thoughts about doing research, learning, teaching, and university life in general
- Random bits and pieces of my life as a wife, a dog-mom, and a happy country bumpkin
If you go waaaay back to the early days of this blog, you’ll find that it chronicles my escape from the stifling confines of a federal public service cubicle to The University and graduate school, where I am now pursuing a PhD in Entomology. Posts from 2008-2009 largely focus on the steps I took to get into the grad school of my dreams, interspersed with a lot of ranting about my job at the time (in the interests of privacy, most of the ranting-type posts are now password protected. If you would really like to read them, contact me).
Please stick around, read a bit, comment lots, and suggest links I could add to my blogroll or Entomology link page. Thanks for stopping by!
P.S. You may have previously known this blog by its original name, “Fall to Climb”. I changed the domain name to http://www.thebuggeek.com in November of 2011, to better reflect the content and focus of the material – things changed a lot since this blog’s inception in 2008!
Updated November 28, 2011